Slow Cooker Chili is up again.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.
Sup All,

Still pretty cold and nasty so perfect time for some chili. Gonna mix it up just a little this time.

2 lbs ground beef

2 28 oz cans of crushed tomatoes in rich puree.

1 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies.

2 15 oz cans of kidneys

1 15 oz can of chili beans in mild chili sauce

2 bell peppers

1 yellow onion

2 packets of McCormick's chili seasoning

See you in 8 hours :<)
chili1.jpg
chili2.jpg

Looks good!

I'll offer one thought. While I like Rotel I usually wind up using the Red Gold version when cooking since it's sold in 15 oz cans and I believe more is better.

Reactions: negolien
I started to substitute the chili seasoning in my chili for the Traeger beef rub with the chili pepper and molasses. I’ve really enjoyed it in there. Your chili does look delicious though!

You put a lot of stuff in there that I wouldn't use but I gotta say, it looks good. Chili is one thing that there are as many variations of it as there are people who cook it.....and none of them are wrong as long as it's what you like :emoji_wink: Looks like you'll have leftovers for another meal too. That's always nice.

Robert

Not a fan of the Mccormick seasoning to be honest might try another chili seasoning next time. Came out great nice fluid to stuff ratio. Wouldn't mind trying different tomatoes next time also like whole.
20230102_193839.jpg
20230102_193824.jpg

Nothing wrong with a big pot of chili anyway that it is made and you like.

I did a big pot for Christmas Eve ( I back off on the heat as Mona says she does not like hot )
so just add more heat to my bowl as I serve it up

Love chili

David

thinking of trying the shelby kit next time. I have used the McCormick's for a long time just kinda tired of the same same taste wise. I actually have NOT eaten but a spoonful or two. Power was out at winery so I couldn't heat it up :<(

I like the Shelby as well as the 2 alarm kits. I've used both.

You got a good looking pot there. Just needs a slab of jalapeno cheese cornbread to top it off.

Jim

yeah turned out ok was pretty thick which was a surprise since I used 56 oz of crushed tomatoes in pured sauce

Just the way I like chili nice and thick. Good Job

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky