Skinless Fried Chicken Thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm leaning towards getting the hip replaced once the Covid stuff is over. My Doctor said the recovery time and pain levels are much less than they were years ago with new procedures. A good friend, who's in much better physical shape than me had both done 12 years ago, and his recovery and pain were incredible for a long time. Glad to know it helped your back pain as I also have back issues, but not nearly as bad as the hip/leg pains. Some days no pain, most days a lot of pain. When we're young and we see an older person limping, we think that'll never be me. And here we are.

Most of the time the back pain comes from how you are shifting your body to adjust to the bad hips.

Warren

Reactions: MJB05615
Cheer up, Guys!!
I was just beginning to feel the aftereffects of 20 years at Beth Steel, and 30 years in construction & Woodworking, when Agent Orange showed it's ugly head, and ruined most of my inners (Heart, Arteries, Lungs, Kidneys, etc.). I'm lucky to make it one day at a time, even without getting near the Covid-19 "Hoax".

Bear

You're right Bear. We should be happy every day that we have, no matter what. Yogi Berra famously said
"90% of the game is 50% mental." We laugh at his sayings, but there's a lot of wisdom in there, you just have to find it. And of course one of the most famous lines in all of music, by John Lennon: "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." Thanks for your inspirations. Really appreciated. I often have to be reminded that I take things for granted, when I shouldn't.

Reactions: Bearcarver
I'm leaning towards getting the hip replaced once the Covid stuff is over. My Doctor said the recovery time and pain levels are much less than they were years ago with new procedures. A good friend, who's in much better physical shape than me had both done 12 years ago, and his recovery and pain were incredible for a long time. Glad to know it helped your back pain as I also have back issues, but not nearly as bad as the hip/leg pains. Some days no pain, most days a lot of pain. When we're young and we see an older person limping, we think that'll never be me. And here we are.

On both my replacements I was walking without the aid of a cane within two weeks Mike. After five years the last time they were checked I was told the hips would outlast me. Go for it as soon as you think it's safe enough, I put it off for quite a few years due to being scared. RAY

That sound doable. It's more the anticipation of the pain than the fear, I think. But gonna wait the Civid nonsense, unless this hip gets much much worse, then I'll roll the dice and get busy living, lol. Thanks for the insight Ray, I really appreciate it.

No problem Mike! When you do decide to go ahead and get the replacement one thing is to pay strict attention to the rehab exercises and do them religiously, without overdoing. When I had the first one done they had a therapist come over to our home twice a week to ensure I was doing the rehab and to give me new exercises to do, also a nurse the check me out. Be careful not to overdo once you start feeling better, I did and my leg got swollen up bigtime. Do just what they tell you as often as they tell you to do it. There was hardly any pain, I didn't take any pills after 3-4 days. Good luck! RAY

I would like to get my hands on those chicken thighs! Like!

Thanks Eddie, and thanks for the Like, I appreciate it. I'm doing almost the same thing right now, tho I also deboned the thighs. I'm making chicken parmesan with thighs instead of breasts, stays juicier and has a little more flavor. RAY

Reactions: Bearcarver
Thanks Eddie, and thanks for the Like, I appreciate it. I'm doing almost the same thing right now, tho I also deboned the thighs. I'm making chicken parmesan with thighs instead of breasts, stays juicier and has a little more flavor. RAY

Exactly!!
I prefer Thighs for everything, except a Cold Chicken Sammy (Breast for that).

Bear

Reactions: sawhorseray
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky