Skinless Fried Chicken Thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sometimes it just takes awhile to teach a old dog some new tricks Bear. The recipe book that Emeril put in with it is just chock full of stuff that I'd never cook, but I really do need to learn how to do a few things on it. Thanks for the Like John, I do appreciate it. RAY
Curious Ray and Bear ... do you have the standard or XL ? And ever used the Rotisserie? Wonder if that really works decently, or just a cheap gimmick.

And ever used the Rotisserie? Wonder if that really works decently, or just a cheap gimmick.

Curious Ray and Bear ... do you have the standard or XL ? And ever used the Rotisserie? Wonder if that really works decently, or just a cheap gimmick.

Mine is the Standard Model:
I was hoping to like it, but it never happened:
First of all, if you put the Baking Pan above the Heating element, where it belongs, there isn't much room at all for even a Small piece of Pork Loin, let alone a small Chicken.

Second: Mine rotates about 240°, then stops until it catches up, then jerks real fast to pick up the slack. It does that every revolution, even when empty, so it's not that it's out of balance.
I thought it was just mine, but have read the same thing elsewhere, and saw it on YouTube.

I just don't use the Spinner. I just use one of the Crisper Trays, or the Baking Pan.

If it has to be Rotisserie, I'll use my ShowTime Rotisserie, where I can do Prime Rib, Whole Chicken, Ham, or Turkey.

Bear

Reactions: sawhorseray
Thanks Bear ... kinda what I expected ... just not robust enough to handle the load/torque requirement.

Mine works great , but what do I know .

They may have had a run of bad ones, and mine is one of them.
I wish I could find that YouTube, because the guy might have showed how to fix the problem. I gotta look for it again.

Bear

Damn ... hate a split decision 😔 ... BTW, do you also have the std, or the XL?

I'm guessing you are talking about the AF360 from Emeril. Quite a few guys get a ton of use from them and love them, not so with me. It sits on the counter taking up some very valuable real estate and hasn't been used a half dozen times in as many months. I love wrapping my yam tater in foil and popping it into a 325º oven for 90 minutes, no fuss no muss. The 360 wants me to take it out mid-cook and rub oil and spices on the tater, needs to have fork holes punched in it, screw that. The cookbook that good old Emeril puts in with his fryer is beyond worthless, but that's just me, it's full of junk that most guys will never want to even try to cook. If I want fried chicken I'll fry it up the same way as my mama did and the way I've always done. I'm going as hard as I can for as long as I can, and if you think there's anybody over 80 who's feeling great and having a wonderful time don't be afraid to let me know, I'll be betting they didn't work heavy construction. RAY

Reactions: HalfSmoked
I'll be betting they didn't work heavy construction.
Last visit to the orthopedic surgeon to get my fluids changed , he took a bunch of x rays . Looks at them and ask how old I was .
He says " you're a 100 on the inside "
I wanted to say that's the result of you getting a nice cozy building to make 6 figures 3 times over .
Sucked a 1/2 cup of juice out of the left knee . Then pumped up both knees , right shoulder and left wrist with cortisone . Whistled show tunes all they way home .

Last visit to the orthopedic surgeon to get my fluids changed , he took a bunch of x rays . Looks at them and ask how old I was . 59 He says " you're a 100 on the inside " I wanted to say that's the result of you getting a nice cozy building to make 6 figures 3 times over . Sucked a 1/2 cup of juice out of the left knee . Then pumped up both knees , right shoulder and left wrist with cortisone . Whistled show tunes all they way home .

Yeah, I know the feeling for sure Rich. When I was 27 they sent me for Xrays of my back and the doc said I had the spine of a 67 year-old, full of spurs. Of course I kept at it for a couple more decades because that's what I was , a carpenter. I just turned 69 some weeks back and I'll tell you, I felt a hell of a lot better 42 years ago. I really need to get both shoulders checked, can barely get a mug of coffee from the microwave or put on a tee shirt in the morning, don't sleep real well either. Course with all this Covid crap I'm just too chicken to go anywhere near a medical building. Thank God for hard liquor! RAY

Reactions: MJB05615
I'm also feeling the pangs of aging, and I don't like it, but that's life. I have to have my hip replaced due to arthritis. But I'm not doing any non life saving surgeries until this covid crap is over. I can tolerate the daily pain until then. It's not fun, obviously. I'm limited in pain medicine I can take, because at age 40 I found out I only have 1 kidney, and most pain meds affect the kidneys. So I've adopted the mantra of "Red" from the Shawshank Redemption: "Get busy living, or get busy dying." I'm 59 as well, probably much older physically. Just gonna do like you Ray, keep going as fast as I can for as long as I can.

Reactions: sawhorseray
After putting it off for years I got both my hips replaced in 2015 Mike, one of the best decisions I ever made. Getting one done in January and the other in December of the same years saved us $12.5K out-of-pocket expense. I used to have sciatic pain down both legs, the right leg pain into my foot, all that shit is history. Hips are a piece of cake, I'm thankful my knees are in pretty good shape.

Yea I'm with you guys been through 5 back surgery's and have other joint problems. Warren

Yep, it's rough Warren, parts just get worn out like a old pickup truck. I managed to stay just shy of getting my back cut on, getting my hips replaced improved my back a lot. RAY

I'm leaning towards getting the hip replaced once the Covid stuff is over. My Doctor said the recovery time and pain levels are much less than they were years ago with new procedures. A good friend, who's in much better physical shape than me had both done 12 years ago, and his recovery and pain were incredible for a long time. Glad to know it helped your back pain as I also have back issues, but not nearly as bad as the hip/leg pains. Some days no pain, most days a lot of pain. When we're young and we see an older person limping, we think that'll never be me. And here we are.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky