1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Size of Cooking Racks on 3605BGD

Discussion in 'Propane Smokers' started by krivera1, Jan 2, 2011.

1. krivera1

krivera1 Newbie

Hey Gang,

I currently own a Smoke Hollow 38208G verticle smoker.  Once we got the valve issue resolved the unit has performed flawlessly.  My only complaint is the size of the cooking grids - they measure 18.25" x 12.25".  For some items (like pork loins or some longer racks of ribs) I have to cut things down to make them fit.  Not a huge problem, but annoying nonetheless....

I was toying with the idea of getting a bigger smoker with larger racks.  I'm looking at two different ones right now:  the 3605BGD and another Smoke Hollow 44248G.  I can't find any specific information on the size of the racks on the 3605BGD - can somebody help me out?

The racks on the Smoke Hollow 44248G measure 24" x 14".  This unit is not available currently, but I was told that it will be available again in the next couple of months for around $300.  I like the design of the unit - it has separate doors for the chip/water containers and cooking racks (like the one from Lowes), but it is sturdier with an additional cross-member between them (see attached diagram).

Thanks for your help!

Ken

[​IMG]

2. krivera1

krivera1 Newbie

Nevermind folks - I called Landmann and got the information.

For future reference the overall smoking box on the 3605BGD is 16x24x36, and the cooking grids are 14.25 x 22.5.

The upcoming Smoke Hollow unit appears to be slightly bigger (two inches wider) and 8" taller in the smoking box (with a separate door for the wood/water containers).

I have to admit that I'm smitten with the design on the Smoke Hollow unit - I think I'll wait for that unit to be available.