Site update 2/18/09

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
I felt I needed to tell everyone whats going on. There have been a few issues as of late.

First. We are still running on the old server. I have been moving stuff over and configuring the new server. There have been some hiccups so I haven't pulled the trigger to move us there yet. 2 reason that I haven't done that is because I want it to be smooth running over there and second I don't want anyone to have to be without the site for longer than needed.

Second. The reason we have had a few minimal outages is because the current server has been running out of resources with Everyone using it and I am trying to get stuff off of it. This may happen a few more times but is the best way to go to minimize downtime.

I just do not want anyone to think that we are on the new server and still having issues. The new server should have more than enough resources to handle everything we need.

As for concerns about data and not wanting to post. The data is safe. I am backing it up daily to make sure we do not lose anything. I want everyone to feel comfortable with posting.

Remember that I am doing this in addition to my day job. I really enjoy being able to help and that's why I volunteered to do this. Also remember that in addition to getting the new server up I am maintaining and fixing problems on the current server.

I want to thank everyone who has been patient thru this all. If you have any concerns please pm me.

Brian

Brian thanks for the update I know you've been working hard on it. Personally I'm glad your taking the time to make sure everything is right before moving us there. Nice to know the data is safe

Thanks!

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks Brian. Your help is apperciated.

Brian, thanks for all your hard work. You'[re using safe implementation methods, especially the daily backup to minimize any data loss.

Wow, an honest juggler. Didn't know you had more than 2 hands. Sounds like you have it well under control. Also I am glad you let us all know we are still on the old server.

Thanks Brian, and for all the other people who are working to make this thing work for us!!

Nice to know there's a few people out there that still do things because they want to, not because they have to. Thanks Brian

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky