Site is freezing up to often

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've not had any issues but I'm also a Linux user. My browser is usually FF and on occasion Chromium. The only issue I've had is that Adblockplus and Ghostery break this site unless disabled.

Windows 10, Mozilla Firefox, McAfee, no ad blockers and no issues for a few weeks now.
I had an issue a few weeks ago where my lap-top froze as soon as I logged in but it went away (I did use the I-Pad with Chrome for a couple of days to be safe).
They must have fixed something or my computer was having issues. Who knows.
My daughter switched to Mac while she was working from home because she was tired of issues with Microsoft and as far as I know she still uses Mac.

Laptop with windows 10 edge and Norton and no ads I do get them while they are tweaking things but then they go away when they finish and I clear the cache

Its funny I never had a problem until just now, small ad in the lower right corner about 1"x2" on my pc.
'

Its funny I never had a problem until just now, small ad in the lower right corner about 1"x2" on my pc.
'
Yeah I get that, too, but I let it go because it doesn't seem to intrude on anything much.....
And whataya know, now it's gone LOL!

Last edited:
So after I logged out and in, then cleared my cache, I thought those ads were gone for good. Nope.......we're back.

I'm also getting them again. It's not a constant thing, they just randomly show up. They have usually been in the lower right corner, but the last one came up in the middle of the text box while I was typing a reply.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky