Simple Steak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Flatrate

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 8, 2015
Michigan
Four score and 12 beers ago I got out my Weber and fired it up. Since its just the Sous Chef and myself, we decided on steak. By the way here is Sous Chef Harper, he is almost 2!
tn_IMG_1283.JPG

Only took a few pictures.

Here we have some Center Cut Sirloin Medallions for Chef Harper

tn_IMG_1294.JPG

tn_IMG_1297.JPG

For me, I had a little T-Bone.
tn_IMG_1289.JPG

tn_IMG_1290.JPG

Almost 3 inches thick and exactly 3lbs! I dusted it up with some Cattleman's Steakhouse.
tn_IMG_1293.JPG

I didn't any shots during the cook as there were some firsts for me going on.
1. Thickest steak I ever grilled
2. First time using Grill Grates. They really do work and in my opinion change the grill
3. The beer was really flowing

I seared it on all sides and then stood it up on the bone indirect. Some of the fat around the edges got some char, which was great for me.
tn_IMG_1295.JPG

I also didn't get any slice shots, refer to reason 3 above. As I remembered this I thought, "Well I still got the bone".

tn_IMG_1298.JPG

Thats all I got for today, thanks for looking!

Dave and Harper.

Good looking cook, did Harper get the bone? I have some porterhouse steaks I had cut 2" thick, sous vide is the only way to get them done right. Won't do that again, going back to inch and a half. RAY

Reactions: Flatrate
Good looking cook, did Harper get the bone? I have some porterhouse steaks I had cut 2" thick, sous vide is the only way to get them done right. Won't do that again, going back to inch and a half. RAY
No he didn't, he doesn't get much people food. He get turkey on Thanksgiving and a little ham on Christmas, that was his first steak. Trust me he has a ton of doggy stuff, he is too spoiled.

I am with you Ray, I usually but whole beef and have steaks cut inch and a quarter. A sous vide would be nice and have been thinking about getting one for a few years now.

Thanks for stopping by!
Dave

Reactions: sawhorseray
Davae and Harper, GREAT Job! The inside and crust look good to my eyes. I want some please!
Thanks Kim. It was pretty good and a fun cook, I got to experiment with my grill, almost like learning a new one. I am digging the grill grates.

Dave

Man that's a man-sized steak right there! Looks like you nailed it...looks mighty tasty!

Red
It sure was Red, I was kinda surprised I was able to tackle it.

Thanks for the nice comments!
Dave

Beers flowing is a good thing, and the steak looks perfectly done.

Point for sure
Chris

Very nice Dave. I'll take the steak but Tracy wants Harper :emoji_laughing: We are both big fans of Beagles. Here is our little girl at Christmas a couple years ago. The difference is that around here, I am the sous chef, not Bianca :emoji_wink:
BiancaXmas.jpg.jpeg

She is also the puppy in my avatar. Great post Dave!!

Robert

Very nice Dave. I'll take the steak but Tracy wants Harper :emoji_laughing: We are both big fans of Beagles. Here is our little girl at Christmas a couple years ago. The difference is that around here, I am the sous chef, not Bianca :emoji_wink:
View attachment 661422

She is also the puppy in my avatar. Great post Dave!!

Robert
Harper told me to have you tell Bianca "AARRROOOOOO" for him! He can be the sweetest little guy, most of the time, but he can be hell with four paws when he wants to.

When we lost our last pooch, he was my world, I had a really hard time dealing with the loss. I am telling you my friends I thought I was losing my mind. At the time I had my job, a very profitable side business, I even started working for my father in laws company. All I did for months on end was work. I was still miserable, something was missing. A whole had to be filled.

I was looking around and at the time our Humane Society just had an adoption drive and all the dogs had homes. That made me happy. I found some Beagle pups on Craigslist, I called the lady up told her I would be there in 2 days. Told Heather my plans, she wasn't quite ready but she knew I needed this. I quit working for my FIL, shut down my side business, took a drive and picked him up.

So we get there, I was holding him and talking to him, said yes and paid the lady. She had this folder in her hand with the paperwork on his shots and what not. As she was explaining things to us, my eyes wondered and I saw his birthdate.

I blurted out somethings I can't say here loudly, scared the hell out of the lady, she jumped. LOL.
April 19th, Harper and I have the same birthday. Here in a few weeks I'll be 46 and he will be 2. I had no idea until that very moment, but that sealed it for me that I was meant to have him in my life.

Give Bianca a rub for me!
Dave

Last edited:
That looks like an awesome meal for both of you nicely done

Nice meal, that is one big steak! Good on ya for sharing with your pup… 👍🏼
Thanks RHB. That steak broke 2 records me, biggest I ate and biggest I ever cooked. It was fun. If it was good for him I would have gave Harp the big one. I will go without before he ever will.

Dave

Killer job on the grill marks. I suck at that. Looks good

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky