Simple Steak II - The Cowboy Experiment

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice work on that steak . Looks great bud .

I added 16 ga. flavor bars and heat deflectors to my Genesis 310 . Completely changed the way it cooks .
Thank you, where do you get those from?

Dave

I like how you positioned the Cattleman's Steakhouse and the Killer Hogs Steak Rub on the plate for a pic. I have a big imagination:emoji_laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Sheeeesh man that looks incredible! Absolutely slayed it. I'm curious, how long did you let the steak sit in its seasoning before cooking? I recently learned how to dry brine steaks with salt, which has been fantastic. I'm curious if you would do a similar dry brining process for a seasoning blend like this.
Hello there, I was just reviewing this thread and just saw your post. So sorry for missing it and not responding in a timely manner.

If I had to guess I would say 20 or so minutes. I really don't time it, just go by how it looks. I am sure you could go longer in the fridge, I've seen some people go for many hours that way. Personally never went that far.

I see a lot around about dry brining and honestly never tried it. I am sure it does good things like you mentioned, I'll check it out soon.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Dave

Thanks Jed, I've had fun with it, I am loving the crust I get on the steaks.

Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky