Simple but good

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gwood06

Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
I am new to the whole smokeing thing I have seen ut done once and decided to get my own smoker and give it a shot. It was not a world class brisket but it was still great. I could live off of a diet consisting of meat only but my wife still wants me to be part rabit. To make her happy I cut up potatoes onions and carrots added butter (I am not scared of fat) salt and pepper wrapped up in foil and smoked for about 2 1/2 hours very simple to make and if your a meat eater like me it goes good with your beef. At the same time I also smoked sweet potatoes for the young one all I did for that was chop up the sweet potatoes add cinnamon sugar and butter. I do not eat sweet potatoes but the smell alone made me try them I think I will eat sweet potatoes from now on.

Welcome. Why don't you jump over to Roll Call and introduce yourself. Be sure to sign up for the 5 day course. It is definitely worth taking.

Welcome to the SMF. The more you smoke, the more you learn. On the sweet tater, try adding powdered honey in place of the sugar, a whole new taste!

Sounds like an awesome idea. Welcome to SMF!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky