Shopping gravity fed smokers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
all I can say is WOW, love everything about it. What are you all using to remove and grease stains that may get on the paint?

Attachments

• 20240403_182912.jpg
    20240403_182912.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240403_182900.jpg
    20240403_182900.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 9
all I can say is WOW, love everything about it. What are you all using to remove and grease stains that may get on the paint?

First off - that pit is a beauty - Congrats! I think you'll be glad you went for the upgrade to the 4th cooking rack.

Any mild all-purpose cleaner in a spray bottle will do the trick. I like to use Formula 409, but I've used Lysol all purpose cleaner, Simple Green, and even Windex.

Be sure to post up your first cook so we can see that bad boy in operation! :emoji_thumbsup:

Red

Reactions: jimmyjamz
Keith what is the new version giving that your does not have?
From what I see Cliff the XT has a porcelain insulated hood and porcelain lined hopper. SS grates and improved controller. Gasket around the hood for better heat/smoke retention and hopefully less fuel consumption.
Love the magnetic switches for the hopper lid and firebox. Should eliminate the switch failure that are problematic with the units.

Keith

If the 1050 sells for $900, I think there's enough upgrades to justify the $1500 for this XT.

I'd still like to see a total weight comparison between the two.

Reactions: 912smoker
From what I see Cliff the XT has a porcelain insulated hood and porcelain lined hopper. SS grates and improved controller. Gasket around the hood for better heat/smoke retention and hopefully less fuel consumption.
Love the magnetic switches for the hopper lid and firebox. Should eliminate the switch failure that are problematic with the units.

Keith
I put the LSS hopper mod on mine so it is sealed pretty good.

Reactions: 912smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky