Serious smoke this weekend-I have to be crazy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sounds like its all gonna be good can't wait for more Qview!! Good luck with the big finish

well the brisket, chuckie and abts are all done and I have to admit they were all pretty good. The chuckie was pretty dry but it was very very thin and I didn't adjust my times accordingly so while the flavor was good it was pretty dry, but lesson learned. The ABT's were good, although they could have used about another 45 min at a higher temp to get the bacon alittle more crispy but all in all they were outstanding.

Here is a shot of the abts, most of these didn't make it out of the garage

I did not get a shot of the chuckie before I pulled, but here is a picture of the pulled chuckie

Alittle melted provolone on the chuck makes for a good sandwhich, if I would have had some au ju it would have been a great sandwhich

Now to the main the Brisket, my first true brisket alone, the last one I did I was with my ol man (mcmelik) did the trimming and rub, this time it was all me. It was put on yesterday about 12:30 and I struggled with temps being to high or too low and exessive white smoke all day long as I mentioned before. About 7:30 it hit 160 so I foiled it and decided that it was going to go into the oven to finish because I was just getting frustrated and tired of tending the smoker every 15 min. I ended up hitting 3 different stalls with this piece of meat, one at about 144 degrees (actually ended up going back to 138) for about an hour, then again at 150 were I sat for about 3 hours, and another at 178 for about an hour. At roughly 11:30 last night she hit 190 so I took it out of the oven and into the cooler for the rest of the night. This morning I sliced her up and I have to say that I am beyond impress, even though I sliced the flat the wrong way it was still very tender and the flavor was very good. The only thing I didn't like was the the bark was not a nice crusty bark but I assume that is due to foiling.

Here is the brisket before slicing this morning.

And the sliced finished product

Up next today is a corn beef and a fatty that will be hitting the smoker in the next hour. Stay tuned.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky