Sausages, unable to get them firm and link looking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kvn

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 20, 2021
I need a lil guidance here. I tried again to make some hungarian kolbasz, had in the smoker for a few days hanging and it doesn't look round any more,

Please advise or help? My smoker gets up to 77 degrees too hot? thoughts?

I have a few witty responses about little blue pills :) , truly I don’t know the answer but rest assured it won’t be long until someone pops in to help you on this.

please post a pic. of the sausages hanging in our smokehouse...there could be more than one reason as to why you are having this problem and pictures will help identify which one it is.

I need a lil guidance here. I tried again to make some hungarian kolbasz, had in the smoker for a few days hanging and it doesn't look round any more,

Please advise or help? My smoker gets up to 77 degrees too hot? thoughts?
77F is not too hot at all. Pictures or it never happened. Just so hard to give advice without some pictures.

The upper limit for temp. cold smoking varies depending on what is being smoked, and which country you are in. For salami, the accepted upper temp. limit is 71*F. The reason for this is because of the extensive drying. If smoked above 71*F, too much protein and fat breakdown could occur too soon which will affect the final flavor profile. Some countries allow up to 86*F for cold smoking, but agian it depends on what is being smoked.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky