Sausage Making

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

goat

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 27, 2005
Uvalde, TX
Today my son and I made 50 lbs of sausage. We made 25 lbs of German sausage and 25 lbs of what I will call "chipotle and cheese sausage". This is a new sausage that I mixed up today and I think I have it like I want it on the first try. To view the process go to http://www.darylecoates.com/sausage.html

Wow , great lookin' sausage.... I drooled all over my laptop..... At what temp did you smoke these at? What type of wood?
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

hello goat

i like the pics of your sausage good job i liked your web site to i will keep it marked so i can check out your recipes in your cookbook when it gets done you are lucky to be able to live in a place with all those deer and hogs keep up the good work
salmonclubber

There has been quite a learning curve for someone who learned to type on a manual typewriter.

Hey
I Like The Sausage You Made, But I Was Really Kicked Back Over Your "meat Room", Ive Been Making Sausage For Several Years, But Have To Doit All In My Wife's Kitchen. I Was Especially Impressed With Your Grinder. What Size Plate Does It Use.
Any Way. Keep Up The Good Postings..............

Thanks for the kind words. The grinder uses a #10/12 plate. It is a Torey and has been a good one giving no trouble.

Goat is your meat room like a "vault" used on jobsites? It looks like the ones we use at work.

Did you grind that sausage twice with a large plate?

Okay one more: Is the cheese a high temp cheese?

Thanks for sharing. Very nice pics. Now I'm starvin'!

My meat room is a sea container. I have seen some used as storage on job sites as well. It is 8 x 8 x 20. When I grind my sausage twice, I grind once thru a 3/8 plate and the next grind is done thru a 3/16. The cheese was not high temp. Next time I will probably try some or cut the cheese up into bigger chunks. Glad you liked the site. If you need any help, I will share what little I know.

Yes, a sea/land container. We use them all the time for secure strorage on some jobsites. They are very well built and tough as all get out!
Thanks for the info.

Hey Mohntr,

Behind the white door in the pics is a restroom, complete with a lavority. Hot water is close behind as I already have the water heater. It is not yet plumbed in.

Nice work goat! I've used several of them, never thought about buying one and converting it like you have. Very good idea. Once you get water you may NEVER have to come out..... except to buy more meat! :) Thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky