Sausage linking help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

countryrocker212

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 11, 2010
Illinois
I made some polish and linked it up but how do I keep them in 1 piece without them going every where when seperate the links?

i dont separate the links except to cut in sections of 4 links per package when i vac pak to freeze. i dont cut into individual links till after cooking or if going to grill will separate them. also if you are freezing sausages fresh, if you can hang refrigerated overnight on a stick the meat sets up and the sausages will remain in thier links.

i know you already linked yours but ck this guy out... it really does work that easy... plus no remembering left, right...

i know you already linked yours but ck this guy out... it really does work that easy... plus no remembering left, right...
[/quote]

Man that guy is good - guess when you do it everyday for a living you better be good at it

Thanks for that link, Scarbelly. I'm going to try that the next time I make deer sausage, seven long months from now. I still didn't catch how he got each link exactly the same length.

That technique would work great for me, as I'll be putting up my sausage in 1-lb rings. Now to figure out how long = 1 lb, and hope that spinning them doesn't cause them to burst.

Ok I let them dry in the fridge in a Tupperware with the lid off and cut them apart. So far so good now to freeze and vacuum pack them....but what am I missing in the video I don't see how that would work.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky