Saturday mini smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokyokie

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Tulsa
Fired up Betsy and took her for a spin Saturday night. I also thought I'd see if I could teach myself hoe to use my wife's new digital camera. It was kinda fun, so I thought I'd share some with you.

Started off with a fully loaded firebox as I had to be gone for a couple of hours. When I got back, I was up to temp w/ a good bed of coals, but had to add a couple logs to maintain.

Here's the white billowy smoke that's so famous for creosote and bitter meat.

A few minutes later, here's the coveted thin blue stuff that we all look for, and that a gas or electric can't match.(now now guys, don't get riled, just a little stick burner humor)

Preheating a hickory log in order to avoid the white billowy stuff.

Time to get the fatties ready, and split& rub the yardbird.(We think we like smoked halves better than BCC, it gets smoked on both sides.)

Beans have been on for quite q while now, (scaled down recipe of Dutch's Wicked). They wentin with the white billowy and got stirred a few times to get a good smoke bath.
Now it's time to put the fatties and the clux on.

Beans are done

Chix are done (165*)

Fatties and Eckrich are done. (It's against the rules to fire up Betsy w/o any Eckrich)

Here's the meat, what you do with the sides is up to you.

Happy Drooling,
Tim

PS, I tried to post this right before lunch for everyone.

Good Grub there Tim! Looks terrific and sure it tastes terrific!

Just some electric humor :D :D
You just burned up enough wood to run me a year or two!!!LOL....but you know we electrics are wood miserly or is that misery?

Mighty fine looking Dickie :D Now I have 10#'s of pulled pork in the fridge and I'm hungry for a grilled sausage :roll: :P

DDBBQ really enjoyed the pics. Everything looked excellent. That chicken and those fatties made me hungry and it's 9:00 in the morning.

I am really green on stick burners and I have a couple of questions. Do you ever have a problem with ash build up? Do you have to clean out some ash during the smoke?

Outstanding job, Tim. Of course any smoke session that has my Wicked Beans in it will get high marks from me!! :twisted:

Good pic's of the billowy white smoke and the thin blue. I'm thinking that maybe we should have a sticky thread featuring your pics that we could refer the newbies so they'll know what we're talking about.

Thank you thank you for the pictures.

I have not heard of wrapping bacon around a fattie but lov ethe idea.

The only way to make them better would be to pump them up with extra fat inside
PDT_Armataz_01_14.gif

Thanks for the great job on the picture taking

I'd sure be proud to have a contribution be a sticky.

I checked w/ Betsy, and she said she didn't mind either, so sticky away!

Tim

No peoblem with ash build up. The coals just keep piling up on eachother. The next day, I clean out the ashes. I have a long handled tool that fits the curve in the bottom of the firebox. I just drag them out into a tub.

Tim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky