Salmon Steaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

martin1950

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 18, 2019
Hartford. S/W Michigan
With only 2 1/2 years w/ my pellet pooper I decided to try some salmon steaks. Not for table ware but for true smoked fish for snacking and cracker spread and things like that so I'm by-passing the 145* mark. Set my Grilla Alpha Dual Smoke at 225*, mode 2. in my Pit Boss 820D. Wet brined for 36hrs w/ my own concoction that I've used successfully in my Brinkman water smoker for over 2 decades. So I'm closely watching the moisture level, don't want jerky but I want it on the drier side of table food. With a little over 2hrs in and the thickest steak reads 160* and still pretty moist. Guess I'll just test it every 5*. The enclose picture is at start-up.
After 3 hrs and an IT of 170*, It's done with the moisture level where I like it. Look out cream cheese and crackers, I'm coming for ya.
salmon steaks 1.jpg
salmon steak 4.jpg

A little thinner slice of the salmon to begin with might yield better results in a timely fashion?

Reactions: martin1950
Looks great. I will take top left. zippy can get the middle bottom

Reactions: martin1950
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky