Sad news, but a blessing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I know everybody has already said this but out respect for you and the rapport we have developed, my deepest condolences my friend. Wishing you all the best to get through this difficult time.

Robert

Thank you for all the kind words and for the prayers, my family really appreciates it!

Ryan

Ryan I'm sorry for your loss it's never easy loosing a parent but as you said at least she isn't suffering anymore. I'll be praying for you and your family

So sorry for your loss. But the suffering is over and as you said that brings some peace. Send well wished you to and your family.

Hospice care gave us this a few years back...

Gone from my Sight

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship, at my side,
spreads her white sails to the moving breeze and starts
for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength.
I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speck
of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then, someone at my side says, "There, she is gone."

Gone where?

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast,
hull and spar as she was when she left my side.
And, she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me -- not in her.

And, just at the moment when someone says, "There, she is gone,"
there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices
ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"

And that is dying...

I'm sorry to hear this Ryan!!
Try to only remember the Great times.
I lost both of my parents back in the 90s.
I still think of them often!

Bear

Thank you sandyut sandyut that was beautiful. And very fitting, mom was an RN most of her life, as administrator for several nursing homes when I was young then working for home health care agencies, and finally as director for hospice near us. So in the end we really appreciate all the great care she received from all of the same places that she had worked at or with.

Ryan

Reactions: waynl and sandyut
Thank you again for all the responses and prayers! It's appreciated.

Ryan

So sorry for your your loss Ryan but that time comes to all it is god's will when it will come. Our work here is done and it's time to go home.

Warren

So very sorry to hear about your Mom, Ryan.
Over the years, I've lost my entire family--Mom, Dad, and Little Brother. For two of them, it was a blessing. To this day I still miss them all badly.
Try to focus on the good times, good memories, and all the love shared.
Time will help fade the pain, but the good memories last forever.
Gary

I won't say I know how you feel because no one can, but I can sympathize. I still avoid driving by the retirement community where Mom spent her last couple of years.
It was a blessing your Dad could be there for her.
Be there for Dad and take care...

Dan

Thoughts And Prayers to you and your family. Void of any suffering.
She is in a good place again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky