Root Beer Marinaded Boston Butts Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I dont have a smoker and living in Alaska 8 degrees is a bit cold .So I'm stuck with an oven.I bought 2 10 lb boston butts yesterday for a feed at work

I picked up a bottle of Zatarains Root Beer Extract for home made soda . Im gonna try injecting with a mixture of this apple cider, mollases,honey ,fresh butter,reduced ham broth,and some standard issue Kansas city style pork rub. Im going to inject and marinade the 2  pork butts , One being only This injection excluding the extract and using Mug Root beer . And the other with Zatarains Extract.Then I want to coat it with softened butter and pat it down with the rub then wrap it in a woven blanket of extra thick cut peppered applewood bacon and cook it at 245 f for about 6 to 8 hours then let it rest about an hour and see what happens.

Looks GREAT
drool.gif
  I assume the taste was excellent.  It looked fantastic.  There was also a recipe on here using Cherry Dr. Pepper.  That was what I used on my first pulled pork and it was excellent.  There is a finishing sauce on here from a fellow q'er here from So Fla.  That sauce is nothing short of excellent, my wife and I added it after the my pulled pork sat for awhile and it was AWESOME.

I am no expert - but the pork you did looked great !!  Congrats !!

Mike

Here is the link for the finishing sauce

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/51933/soflaquers-finishing-sauce-for-pulled-pork/40#post_881802

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky