Root beer marinade

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fathomthis

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 28, 2010
Do I need to add anything to a root beer marinate or just go as is?

pork butt in root beer apple wood smoke and apple juice and red stag sprits for pulled pork.

its also gonna sit in rub from tomorrow night till saturday morning when i start.

I don't have advice on a marinade... but I sure look forward to reading how it comes out. (with q-view of course
icon_smile.gif
)

I never  thought of root beer as a marinade. This is the second time this week I've heard of root beer and meat together. I saw some Sprecher root beer BBQ sauce in Milwaukee the other day. I may have to try it. Let us know how it turns out. I wonder what kind of flavor it gives it. I wonder if it would be like smoking with birch wood or something like that.???????

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky