Rolled Brisket evaluation

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

squeezy

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 17, 2005
Woodstock, Ontario, Canada
For those of you interested in my rolled brisket experience ...
I believe my butcher chooses to do this with the thinner pieces, as it was no more than 2½ inches at the thickest. It was rolled fat side out (trimmed) and when I do another, I will cut the ties and rub the inside well and then retie it.
Overall, I think it was a great success ... very tender, easy to slice ( like a bologna roll) perhaps not as juicy as I would have liked. Next one will be taken to 200º-205º instead of 195º ... to see the difference.

I definitely reccomend trying brisket this way
icon_biggrin.gif

Here is the thread to my weekend smoke if you missed it:
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ead.php?t=4333

...and a couple pics in high res:
Rolled Brisket on left

Sliced

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how it turned out. I'm still new at this so I have to ask, will letting it get to a higher temperature possibly result in it being more juicy? Thanks

Yes, I did but only an hour ... of course I'm comparing mine to first taste of Q'd brisket I had when visiting Texas ...

It was darn good ... everyone said as much!

Well then there's no complaint right? Sure looks good!

BTW Paul?

YOUR OUT OF UNIFORM! Where's the OTBS Logo boy? Congrats!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky