Roll Call

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Allow smokers I'm doing a turkey next week for thanksgiving any thought using bacon under the beast skin and injecting with Apple juice
I will start with saying I have never smoked a whole turkey before so I am no expert.

Those are two new ones for me though. I have heard of people putting rub under the skin but not bacon before. What would be your desired result from doing that? I am thinking it might not cook to a crisp because the skin will block it. Not saying it won't be done, just maybe soggy and not crispy.

As for the apple juice injection, I have no idea. I know using a brine on a bird (chicken or turkey) has great effects on the flavor and moisture. However, the brine is usually water, salt, and maybe sugar. Here is a link that I found on injecting turkey, hope it helps.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/113560/good-injection-recipe-for-turkey

Thanks for the invite from the northwest part of Iowa in rock valley. I've been smoking for a year now and I love.
hello all, im from alden, Iowa. Attached is a pic of my smoker I built this spring. I call it the rack stacker!
Thanks for the invite, located in CR myself
Thanks for the invite. I'm in Fort Dodge area. Just had a rv smoker built and getting used to building a fire and temp. Conrol. Now to get it sandblasted and painted. Been smoking for 5 years. Make my own rub and sauce.
Thanks to all for joining us!

Thanks for the invite. Live Arlington and haven't smoked much this fall with harvest and all. Hopefully get to smoking after thanksgiving.

Bettendorf, Iowa

Green Mountain Grills:

- (2) DB

- (1) JB

- (1) DC

RecTec RT-680

My brother in law is a Green Mountain Grills Dealer in Deer Grove, IL., he orders pallets of Green Mountain Grills pellets, GMG parts and Grills available

I also make a Downdraft for a host of Pellet Grills

Bettendorf, Iowa

Green Mountain Grills:

- (2) DB

- (1) JB

- (1) DC

RecTec RT-680

My brother in law is a Green Mountain Grills Dealer in Deer Grove, IL., he orders pallets of Green Mountain Grills pellets, GMG parts and Grills available

I also make a Downdraft for a host of Pellet Grills
Sorry I missed this before but glad to have you in the group!
Waukee here! Love the site. I have learned a ton.
Thanks for joining us!

Hello everyone! Just found this awesome sight! From Mason City area, looking forward to being able to smoke without shoveling a path to the smoker first!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky