Roll Call

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dalyn

Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver BC Canada
Hello there! I am new to the forum as of yesterday. My name is Dalyn and I live in Vancouver Canada. I'm a stay at home mom with two beautiful daughters and in these last few years I've really developed my culinary skills. I know absolutely NOBODY up here that smokes, so I'm excited to make it my 'thing'.

I own a simple smoker, The Masterchef vertical smoker, using charcoal. Obviously my skill set is minimal but I'm a quick learner. I look forward to everyone's input and help. After the chicken I smoked last night - I don't see myself cooking it any other way from now on.

So greetings from Canada! *dalyn

99d1cf24_IMG_2919.jpg

Again, Dylan.
welcome1.gif
 to the SMF and a wonderful Culinary experience...
biggrin.gif

There are "NO" dumb questions on this Forum , so ask away and let us send you on a Gastronomic quest you will forever relish
biggrin.gif
(I'm proud of that , it sounds good).Hehehe

For now , stay with small things such as Chicken , Country Style Ribs , Fatties and an occasional Porrk Butt . All the directions are here , if you can't find them , ask us...

have fun and...

Hello Dayln and 
welcome1.gif
to SMF - glad you joined us 

Hey there fellow Vancouverite, welcome. I am new here as well, and to smoking, but so far I have learned a lot from here; the people here are very friendly and knowledgeable. I can tell this is going to be a delicious summer!!!

Hey there. It works well, but it does loose a lot of smoke due to it not being a tight fit. i'm going to get some sort of fire safe fabric/sealer i think. i wish the little doors for adding more charcoal were bigger.

I think it's a good starter smoker! *d

Hi Dayln, welcome to the forum. I'm just over the hills to your east in Calgary and while new to the forum, have been smoking for about 10 years off and and on. Learned my basic skills in Texas but this is a great place to learn a lot more.

HDS (aka Kevin)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky