Ribs & ABT's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

teacup13

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 22, 2007
Sault Ste Marie,ON
sent the missus to North Carolina tuesday for a baby shower... decided that i needed to make some good food on wednesday... and take a break from moving

needed a pepper rack and discovered that my basket for my deep fryer fits perfectly on either top rack or bottom one of smoker

smoked with cherry wood, spritzed with apple juice,capt morgan,dr pepper and coke

ABT's

ribs an hour in smoker

ribs going into foil

ABT's and Ribs finished

Mmmm, those look so good Jeff........hungry now. Great idea with the basket!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

mmmm...looks good. i just ate and now i am hungry again, plus i have to go to work. i guess i have to do some ribs this w/e, with the brisket.

I would never have thought of using a fry basket.......guess that's why I'm not in advertising!
tongue.gif
Might try to use the colander, but not gonna tell the mrs, she'd kill me. I could always get her a new one! Wait....mothers day has past! Ah....Birthday present!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Atomic Buffalo Turds....Jalapenos stuffed with whatever you want, wrapped in bacon, then smoked to a golden, delicious brown! Several receipes on the forums, but cant find them. Copied several, but dont remember where I found them. But I promise......delish!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Abt's (atomic buffalo turds) are hollowed out jalapenos, filled with cream cheese, or what have you, and wrapped in bacon and smoked till soft n gooey..............YUM!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

i cut my peppers in half, spread with a cream cheese/mexican cheese blend, lay a piece of shrimp then wrap in bacon

anyway you do it, they are little morsels of yummy goodness.lol

i wish they would have lasted the night..lol

got a new batch on the smoker right now

my mom is deathly allergic to shellfish as well... i make them without the seafood for her(actually when i make them for her i dont have any seafood near the smoker,dont want to risk killing the old gal..lol)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky