Reynold Wrap Butcher Paper

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It wasn't the rub. Like

Some will flake off if the bark is not set good. And lightly spritz or apply tallow to the paper as @bauchjw says.
That's a great rub for beef!
Keith
Alright good I might still try it then. Whats a good way to get your bark to set. Seemed like it was set just a bit sticky maybe I should spritz less often.

Alright good I might still try it then. Whats a good way to get your bark to set. Seemed like it was set just a bit sticky maybe I should spritz less often.

The fingernail scratch 🤣
A gentle scratch or touch and if none of the bark comes off it time to wrap.

Keith
True lol. But seriously, while that is a good test, just check the color and give it a quick tap or two. You should know when it's ready. I typically wrap after 7-8 hours.

Reactions: 912smoker
The fingernail scratch 🤣
A gentle scratch or touch and if none of the bark comes off it time to wrap.

Keith
Oh OK good deal knew about the fingernail scratch. Guess it had to do with something else besides the bark not being set because it was coming off at all with my fingers just when I had it in the paper.

Reactions: 912smoker
What I like to do is just leave it alone, no spritzing until the bark is set which is past the stall, then spritz where it's dry but not where it's wet.

Awesome advice from everyone honestly taking it all and going to use it for my next cook this weekend. Have honestly talked to alot of people on here that don't spray there brisket and not going to this time think it will allow for a better bark. Going to give the butcher paper another go just not spritz it and going to moisten the paper before wrapping and make sure I have enough as well

Awesome advice from everyone honestly taking it all and going to use it for my next cook this weekend. Have honestly talked to alot of people on here that don't spray there brisket and not going to this time think it will allow for a better bark. Going to give the butcher paper another go just not spritz it and going to moisten the paper before wrapping and make sure I have enough as well
Again, not sure I would "moisten" the paper before wrapping. Just wrap. Plenty of moisture will be released through fat rendering.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky