Retro Kit Install question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lazydavid

Original poster
Oct 28, 2010
Orlando, fL
I just dry fitted my Wood Chip Retro Kit 2010 on my MES 30 (model 20010910). 

Is it proper for the lower flanges on new housing (the flanges that the new tray rides on) to make contact with the heating element?  The chip loader side of the housing is making solid contact with the element. 

I have the retro kit in my 40" and it is making contact to the heating element as well.No biggy.But,after using it a few times,the chip tray does become a little warped.Still useable,just makes sliding in and out a little squirley.

Ok, the video up on the MasterBuilt web site clearly shows what I'm seeing.  So this is a non-issue.  I did try to look last night before i posted, but the home box is Vista and it was being unhappy with the video.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky