Reliable meat shop in SE Oakland County

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ridegreen2oo

Original poster
Feb 24, 2013
Metro Detroit
Hey all.  I live in Clawson, so southeastern Oakland County.  I know some stores that carry decent meat, but they are all inconsistent on their stock.  I'm just looking for any ideas on a butcher/store that you can always rely on having the cut of meat you are looking for.  Thanks for any ideas.

welcome1.gif
Ridegreen2oo, 

I live in lansing so I don't know any meat stores down by you but I do have a neighbor who is the chief meat cutter at Meijers and he keeps a eye out for me.  I would suggest that you go to your Meijers or whatever store you end up going to and get to know the Meat guys. I met the neighbor by talking to him at work about cutting up a eye of round for jerky and he asked me how I was going to do it.. well the rest is history about a week later I went back gave him some and we talked for a hour and found out we only live 5 houses apart.  I can't get deals  but I do get choice picks and he will call me if there is a special. 

Stan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky