Reheating a brisket flat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dantij

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 21, 2018
Frankfort, IL
Good morning guys and gals. Cooked two 4.5 lb. flats yesterday afternoon finishing up at 8pm. One of them is for a friend that was supposed to pick up but never made it over and is picking up today. They were both pulled around the same time and placed in a cooler covered with a towel for 2 hours. I sliced mine and we ate several slices right off the block...delicious. The other one went in the fridge. My question is how should my friend reheat the brisket without drying it out? I'm thinking in a pan covered with foil but at what temp and what temp do I want the meat to get to?

There is a video from “ Mad Scientists BBQ” on YouTube showing how he reheats a cooked brisket mailed from Aaron franklins. I have never tried it but looks interesting.

I slice it all up (leftovers) and package in vac-seal into meal sized portions. You can then Sous-Vide or cut a slit in the seal and microwave. We almost always warm it up in a pan of brown gravy and have with mashed potatoes.

Reactions: phathead69
I'm having them reheat it at 225° in the butcher paper for 30 minutes then unwrap and continue for another 45 minutes. According to the video, we're looking for an internal temp of 145.

Turned out great! 30 minutes at 225° in butcher paper. Then 30 minutes uncovered with a few pats of butter, internal temp of 145.

My friend sent a pic of the reheated brisket. Looks pretty good. Sliced a little too thick but still looks moist. IMG_7887.jpg

Man that does look good! I have a brisket on the Lang as we speak. I may have to try this out. Kinda got a late start on it this morning.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky