Ref; Lumberjack Pellets Group Buy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TomKnollRFV

Master of the Pit
Original poster
May 19, 2018
Neenah WI
I thought I'd post this up here..but who'd all be interested in doing a quarter ton group buy of Lumberjack BBQ pellets?

Given they are made in WI, I feel it would be a good way to support a local business and feed our BBQ Addiction. Just post back in this thread if interested. We can work out the details if we can get enough people onboard to end up buying 500 pounds of pellets. <They come in 20 pound bags>

Reactions: JC in GB
Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
LOL after the shipping costs I'm not sure you'd make much up in savings..

I just use them in my little AMNPS so I figured if I bought a few bags it should last me..well until I die LOL

Road trip! :emoji_laughing:

yeah, just saw this was a local thread. I do want to buy bulk and LJ pellets are the way to go.

I missed out on the Dick's sporting good price match craze a couple weeks ago unfortunately.

Road trip! :emoji_laughing:

yeah, just saw this was a local thread. I do want to buy bulk and LJ pellets are the way to go.

I missed out on the Dick's sporting good price match craze a couple weeks ago unfortunately.

If you check out their retail site, they have a thing for finding a local group buy.

But it's for actually buying 1/4 ton minimum. <If you actually use that many pellets in a year..well!>

They also offer bulk purchasing:
https://bbqpelletsonline.com/index....-pellet-flavors-and-pricing-click-for-details

I just hope some of the WI gang wants in. Because my needs are in the 60 pounds of pellets department.. I think people might think I've gone nuts if I saved up and bought a quarter ton!

If you check out their retail site, they have a thing for finding a local group buy.

But it's for actually buying 1/4 ton minimum. <If you actually use that many pellets in a year..well!>

They also offer bulk purchasing:
https://bbqpelletsonline.com/index....-pellet-flavors-and-pricing-click-for-details

I just hope some of the WI gang wants in. Because my needs are in the 60 pounds of pellets department.. I think people might think I've gone nuts if I saved up and bought a quarter ton!

I'd say I go through a 20 lb bag every week when I'm on my game and cooking a lot so I could justify it for sure. Thanks for the info! I'll have to dig into it some more.

Just keep an eye out on Rural King. They had a sale for $4.99 a bag and dicks price matched it. Dick's started to deny people cause they were buying them out of stock and there was free shipping! some people made out with pallets of pellets haha.

Reactions: TomKnollRFV
Yes Tom, I'd be interested in going in on a group purchase. I just started smoking so I'm not sure how much I'd use in a year. I'm going to guess maybe 250#. Can the bulk be mixed species (I like mild smoke like Pecan whereas others like oak)?

I know this is kind of outdated but stopped into farm and fleet today and they had lumberjack pellets for 9.99$ per bag with multiple varieties. I picked up 60#s.

Jeeeze. They have any of the Sweet Wood Blend? That is the one I keep hoping to find but it's always out of stock..!

They really are.

It's just a shame they sold out of that new sweet wood blend they had so quick! I really want to try it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky