Ref; Goat any one?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Google "Cabrito". Its basically a spatchcocked young goat on a special wire spreader and slow roasted over wood fire. YouTube also.

I had it several years ago while visiting Mexico. It is a regional specialty in Monterrey Mexico. I don't care for the flavor of anything goat or sheep related, but that was some Damn fine eating the way they did it.

Google "Cabrito". Its basically a spatchcocked young goat on a special wire spreader and slow roasted over wood fire. YouTube also.

I had it several years ago while visiting Mexico. It is a regional specialty in Monterrey Mexico. I don't care for the flavor of anything goat or sheep related, but that was some Damn fine eating the way they did it.
There are a couple of restaurants in Nuevo Laredo that cook it that way, and yeah, it is awesome.
Pretty cool, charcoal pits with spread eagled kids right up in the front windows.

Reactions: browneyesvictim
I wonder if that is how they did it? All their menu said was 'slow roasted pulled goat'. Which I couldn't believe was done in an oven... I have a feeling they do meat prep off site still <The place isn't that big, I can't imagine them doing whole goats or legs etc in that kitchen>

My brother inlaw makes $ buying and selling goats,he moved over 500 last year he stated this weekend,also has sold to folks who wanted him to kill them and let them pray/perform ceremony over them which he declined,makes me wonder just how many are being ate by Americans vs foreign born folks

several years ago, we had a couple new Priests come to our parish. The senior pastor came to our Knights meeting with what he considered an odd question. Father Gabriel came from Kenya and was getting homesick for some home cooking and wondering if we knew where he could get some goat. You should have seen his face when like six hands shot up with suggestions. Both have moved on to other parishes, but one of our guys still butchers and sends Fr. Gabriel a couple goats a year. Just a funny memory this thread made pop into my head.

Reactions: TomKnollRFV
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky