Rec Tec Bullseye pellet feed problem

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ranch House

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 27, 2020
Defuniaksprings, Fl.
My Bullseye quit feeding pellets just as I finished using it the other night it really hasn't had a lot of use so I wouldn't think the auger motor went out. I haven't had time to look at it yet but thought maybe the shear bolt broke or fell out I don't believe it got in a bind and it had fresh pellets in it. Has anyone else had an issue like that ? Thanks for any information.

Don't have a Rec Tec.

I had a feed problem once in my Masterbuilt. I blame it on operator error. I used a batch of Lumberjack Pellets that had long pieces meaning not pellets. They bridged. I've since learned to mash them into pellets.

Son-in-law has a Cabelas rebranded Pit Boss. After a couple controllers, auger motor, and shear bolts every couple of cooks, it works just fine... ?

Reactions: Ranch House
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky