Raw Brined Ham Cooking Guidance

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sven Svensson

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 5, 2021
Sonoma County, California
Tomorrow I'm teaching a basic class on using Pop's brine and cooking an Easter ham. Most will not have a smoker but be cooking their projects in an oven. I'll be pushing them to use a pork shoulder or butt instead of a full ham just for ease. I've got my bases covered on this but I know I will be asked the question, "How long will this cooking process take me?" I will be teaching them how to use temperature and not time but I would like to give them some kind of estimate. Is there a time-per-pound estimate I can at least give them a general ballpark figure for?

So you know I'm not a complete idiot instead of a partial idiot, when I cook mine in the smoker I start in the morning and watch the temp. When It's done I seal it in a big vacuum bag and put it in the fridge for a day or two. Then, I sous vide it Saturday night/Sunday morning until needed. That's why I don't have a time estimate written down.

Thanks for the help.
IMG_9558.jpeg IMG_0510.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky