Rack of lamb

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Soo is this a good price? I never ever see rack of lamb anywhere around here so i have no idea. Also need ideas on how to do one of these if i get a few of them.
Screenshot_20191011-111435_Chrome.jpg

any time aldi has it the "sale" is $9.99 a lb. given i've yet to see a single other grocer in the midwest stock it, I'd assume it's fair. I feel like it's similar to bison, not many people sell it because the price is never low enough.

any time aldi has it the "sale" is $9.99 a lb. given i've yet to see a single other grocer in the midwest stock it, I'd assume it's fair. I feel like it's similar to bison, not many people sell it because the price is never low enough.
Thats kinda the same thing i was thinking. Honestly ill buy them regardless only because i never see them.

Very good price. I see racks around here for $20+ usually. However you cook, don't go past med-rare.
Thanks! That price is about half that. I was planing on taking them to about 135°-140° . Im not familiar with cookin lamb. Is that going too far? Or will i be good with those temps?

I'd do 135°F tops which is nearing the upper end of medium. This is the "ribeye" of lamb. But, your lamb, your choice ;)

Ok i so i picked up three racks. Now....what to do with them....i need some help on this one. This is not something ive done before. Need to know what flavors i can use...sauces ...rubs...wood choice.. i got the last three they had. Im excited to do something new for us.
20191016_154700.jpg

Reactions: Jabiru
A great deal, I love lamb it is quite expensive my way.

I always use Rosemary and a bit of Salt/Pepper with Lamb. Rosemary and lamb just seem to match so well. Then when cooked a bit of Mint Sauce, yum.

It has a great flavour by itself so I go quite light on seasonings.

A great deal, I love lamb it is quite expensive my way.

I always use Rosemary and a bit of Salt/Pepper with Lamb. Rosemary and lamb just seem to match so well. Then when cooked a bit of Mint Sauce, yum.

It has a great flavour by itself so I go quite light on seasonings.
Thanks for the info!

A lite rub of SPOG and rosemary would do well on a rack of lamb, but like Jabiru said go lite and let the lamb be star.

Chris

Thanks! I was thinking i would do all three racks a different way. This looks like a great way to do one of them!

They do these as a special app at a local restaurant, one of my favorites. Just saw my Aldi has the RoLamb special so they may be in my near future too :)

They do these as a special app at a local restaurant, one of my favorites. Just saw my Aldi has the RoLamb special so they may be in my near future too :)
I actually left work to go get these so i wouldnt miss out! Last time our aldi had them they were gone before i could get there in time. The girl working said they were gone in the first two hours!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky