Quick Sear Tuna Steak Salad w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I freak'in love tuna steaks, we get them right of the boats here which is lucky for us.
But I'd give up tuna completely if we could get Yeunglinger out here.:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Man I wish we could get fresh stuff like that. These said fresh but you know how that goes haha. Love some Yeungling...store had a special last week 24 pack for $19.99 which is a great price for around here!

The only tuna I've every had was in a can, usually with a Bumble Bee label attached. Hopefully this winter I can change that. Your plate looks mighty good John.

Point for sure
Chris

Man I figured you would get some great fresh seafood up there?!? Fish might be a little tricky on the kettle though tends to break and flake apart so might have to throw a CI on that bad boy!

Looks great. I have a bunch of Albacore Tuna in one of my freezers which the wife and I caught earlier this year. Getting tired of having Poke all the time, so I'm always looking for new recipes.

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Looks great. I have a bunch of Albacore Tuna in one of my freezers which the wife and I caught earlier this year. Getting tired of having Poke all the time, so I'm always looking for new recipes.

Thank you! I wish I had a freezer full of tuna. I am searching for a ginger soy dressing for the salad will let you know if I whip one up.

I use a number of ginger acid sauces to dress my tuna.
One on my list might be a base for your salad dressing.

1 Tbl lime juice (substitute rice vinegar for a neutral flavor or lemon for a Mediterranean )
2 Tbl Tamari (I use 1 Tbl Tamari and 1 Tbl Coconut Amino to reduce the salt)
2 tsp sesame oil (not toasted)
1 thumb size piece of ginger finely grated

My all time favorite way to cook Abacore is to mix up a marinade of good olive oil and splash of red wine vinegar a whole bunch of fresh Itilian parsley chopped coarsely, 4 to 6 cloves of garlic chopped fine and the juice of 2 lemons, sea salt and a heathly bit of cracked black pepper. You can marinade whole loins over night or 1 1/4" medallions for 3 to 5 hours, then grill hot and fast until the tuna is done all the way through. This marinade is awesome on cracked crab even pork loins and chops.

I ate so much albacore growing up that you would think I would be sick of it.
Nope the only thing I hate about Abacore is the smell of the tuna boats my family owned in southern California. My mom's side of the family pretty much all worked in the tuna industry. Both fishmen and working in the Delmonte packing plants on the landings.

Sorry about the crappy post, Im pecking away on my phone in the dark. LOL

1 Tbl lime juice (substitute rice vinegar for a neutral flavor or lemon for a Mediterranean )

Thank you for sharing that. Will try it out the next time I do tuna steaks!

My all time favorite way to cook Abacore is to mix up a marinade of good olive oil and splash of red wine vinegar a whole bunch of fresh Itilian parsley chopped coarsely, 4 to 6 cloves of garlic chopped fine and the juice of 2 lemons, sea salt and a heathly bit of cracked black pepper. You can marinade whole loins over night or 1 1/4" medallions for 3 to 5 hours, then grill hot and fast until the tuna is done all the way through. This marinade is awesome on cracked crab even pork loins and chops.

I ate so much albacore growing up that you would think I would be sick of it.
Nope the only thing I hate about Abacore is the smell of the tuna boats my family owned in southern California. My mom's side of the family pretty much all worked in the tuna industry. Both fishmen and working in the Delmonte packing plants on the landings.

Sorry about the crappy post, Im pecking away on my phone in the dark. LOL

Man that sounds great thanks for sharing! You think it would pair well with other fish...say tilapia filets? I know I know crap fish but I have some in my freezer I need to cook here soon

That's something similar to what I currently use. I love ginger.

MMMMmmmm.....!!
I haven't had any Fresh Ahi Tuna since "Sandy" picked up Bear Jr's "Trophy Pro", and set it in a woods 2 miles away.
Looks Great !!
Like.

Bear

MMMMmmmm.....!!
I haven't had any Fresh Ahi Tuna since "Sandy" picked up Bear Jr's "Trophy Pro", and set it in a woods 2 miles away.
Looks Great !!
Like.

Bear

Thanks Bear appreciate the like! You need to tell Mr's Bear to be getting you some tuna steaks next time she goes to the store!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky