QUICHE, THAT'S WHAT FOR SUPPER ....... and BREAKFAST

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gary s

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 6, 2011
Both me and the Missus have been in the mood for a Quiche or Frittata , so last night she whipped us up one. Actually Two

This is a crust-less Quiche (didn't have a pie crust) but not to worry we had potatoes.

Started out by browning a pound of crumbled breakfast sausage in a skillet .
Next chopped the whole bunch of green onions and a container of mushrooms
Sauteed them for just a bit in some butter
Cracked 10 eggs and a cup and a half of cream whisked together in a big bowl
I took 1 frozen package of spinach, thawed, rinsed and squeezed and squeezed all the water out
Also took a couple of tomatoes seeded and chopped them
Took a couple of Potatoes peeled and sliced them on my Mandolin rinsed and patted dry
Oiled up two big pie plates and lined the bottom of each with two layers of the sliced potatoes
Added the spinach into the egg and cream mixture, then dumped everything else into the mixture then into the pie pans.
Baked at 350 for 45 min then added a 3 cheese blend to top and baked another 10 min. Wife checked and cooked it for another 10.

Love this stuff

Breakfast Slice with a cup of good ole Community Coffee
IMG_1902.jpg

Thanks

Gary

Looks real good! We do quiche often at our house. Real simple great meal. And very versatile. Great job thanks for posting this! Might have to to one soon.

Man I love a good quiche! Yours looks great. Just added this to my short list for a breakfast or even supper soon.

Good looking stuff Gary!! We enjoy a good quiche around here for breakfast also. I've posted a couple in the past that were really good but done with a bit of a different twist than how you did yours. These are much like a breakfast taco...you really can't go wrong. There are as many variations of them out there as there are people making them.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky