Question on uncooked brisket storage?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shtrdave

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 11, 2010
SW Pennsylvania
Stopped by a store to pick up a few things and looking through the meat section I found some nice steaks for tonight and a center cut bone in pork roast for Wed. and then I spy something I rarely see, whole briskets they only had 2 and 11.5# and a 14.75#  at 2.49 a pound. I asked the butcher if they kept these usually he said no they only get them at times because no one buys them and he has to buy a case of 100 pounds to get them.

Anyway the small one looked pretty nice to me so I bought it figuring I could put it in the freezer if nothing else.

How long can I hold it in the back fridge, rarely gets opened, before I need to use it, or should I just put it in the freezer?

Will freezing make it better or worse when cooked. I have only cooked one brisket a flat about 2 weeks ago, so I am not ready to do one just yet.

Is it in cryovac?  I have one in the fridge now.  I am wet aging it to 30 days past the butcher date (should be on the label).  About half way now.

TucsonBill

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky