Question about thermometers for MES 40

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dad of four

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
Dayton, OH
Rather than hiijack a recent thread Thermometers for MES

I'm confused about the Meat Thermometer for the MES 40

Doesn't this unit have 2 thermometers?  One for the Smoker temperature, and one for the Internal Meat temperature?

If it only had one, then when I stick it in the raw meat, the Computer is gonna think the temperature is perpetually too

cold, and run the heating element continuously.  Or am I missing something?

I believe it has two. I think the smoker temp gauge is in the front upper left but I haven't looked close enough to answer this one. Someone will chime in.

There are two, one is "built into" the case, meaning you cannot move it, etc. It is for the temp of the smoker, not the meat.  The other is a probe on a cable that you can insert into the meat.

And neither one are very accurate.... ok well the one for the food in mine is decent but most MES run hotter than what they say, it's  not uncommon for them to be 20 degrees off, so if you set it for 225 it may very well be 245 or 250

best to get a different set up like a maverick or some other BBq monitor

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky