Pulled pork, sauces, drippings,

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hoyndoggyjt

Original poster
Aug 27, 2017
I smoked 6 butts over the weekend. After I let them rest, there was a lot of liquid left. I've already skimmed off the fat while it was warm. Now the remaining juice is jelled, with a wonderful smoke smell. Can I use this as a base for a sauce? And if so, once I mix it up, will it jell up?

I definitely recommend reincorporating the remaining juices back into the pork. That there is broken down collagen that is jelling and is money! Better than any bbq sauce or finishing sauce in my opinion! Then add extra sauce if needed or sometimes I may add a bit more rub.

I definitely recommend reincorporating the remaining juices back into the pork. That there is broken down collagen that is jelling and is money! Better than any bbq sauce or finishing sauce in my opinion! Then add extra sauce if needed or sometimes I may add a bit more rub.
Yeah man! Mix that with a little cider vinegar and mustard/tomato juice and SHAZAM! Virginia style.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky