Pulled Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Tyler Anthony

Original poster
Nov 18, 2018
Hi,
I was asked to smoke pulled chicken for Christmas Eve. I was just curious what people would say is the best way to do it. Would it be better to smoke a couple whole chickens or a just do breasts or thighs? What is the best way to keep them moist? best way to keep it warm (I will be smoking them at my house and then driving over to my aunts)?

My plan was to get a package of breast and thighs and smoke them uncovered for a while and then put them in a tin covered to finish them. I was thinking I would put them in a crock pot to keep it warm.

Whole birds . Get some Tony C's injectable marinade . Pump them with as much as it will hold , and in the fridge overnight . Smoke with the skin on until the internal temp is 165 in the breast . When cool enough to handle , toss the skin and shred the meat . Mix the white and the dark together .

I use the veg stock cure injection to do mine . That's a bit involved for late notice , but the Tony's will give great results .
20180128_140433.jpg cured.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky