Propane smoker on a cold day.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

davidhef88

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 24, 2011
Rochester, NY
1B598E7E-D57A-4626-94B3-36A0D9787044.jpeg
Was planning my NYE smoke of baby backs and prime rib. The high temp for the day was a balmy 5*. I was concerned about holding temperatures and not wanting to burn through a whole tank. I have made many mods to this master forge smoker and it runs very efficiently. I decided the day before that I was going to need to make some more changes to ease my concerns. I picked up some tin and cut it to fit the bottom right, left, and back sides of the bottom of the unit to block wind and hopefully direct heat upwards. I also stopped and picked up a cheap welding blanket ($23) and cut a hole for the stack and wrapped it up. These seemed to really help. My temps stayed steady and I was running it on medium to low for the whole cook.

Where there's a will there is a way smoking ingenuity works again when we get the call to make thin blue we will. :D

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky