Problem Solved

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Problem Solved

Finally—We’ve been living here for 20 years now, and we’ve always had trouble with deliveries.
Bear Jr & I have the same first, last & Middle names—After all He is a Junior.
Our homes are on the same driveway, his to the right of a “Y”, and ours to the left of the “Y”.
For the first 15 years, I’ve had Big Numbers “7448” on the corner log facing the driveway, so you could see it all the way from the road to the house.
However nearly half of my deliveries get taken down to Bear Jr’s house, and more of his get delivered at my house.
So about 5 years ago, we got a nice big sign, with a Bear on it, and my name & House Number, and mounted it on the wall facing the road, next to the Garage Doors.
This changed very little, but every now & then somebody will drive all the way in to our house, then read the sign & back out & go down to Bear Jr’s with the package he’s waiting for.
Now this hasn’t been a problem with USPS, but the others, mainly Fed-X, UPS, and Amazon are the ones who just can’t get it right. I guess it’s because they change drivers so often.
In the Winter, we tell them they can leave Bear Jr’s deliveries at our house if the driveway has snow or ice on it, because of a small hill on the way to his house, but that doesn’t mean all year around!
So finally our DIL made us a Christmas Present;
Bear Jr bought another Property a couple years ago for his Tower Corp. It has a 12,000 sq ft Warehouse for his Tower Shop, and a small building used as offices.
Now there was a sign in front of the Offices that said “VISITOR PARKING”. They don’t get many visitors at his Tower Shop, or the office.
So Bear Jr brought the sign home, and his wife Bethany used her “Cricut Machine” to change the sign to put at the “Y” to get people to be able to figure out who lives where. (See Picture below)
We haven’t had a Wrong Delivery since we put that sign there.

Thank You Bethany!

Bear

0.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice sign John. I wish I could get consistent deliveries to my house. My driveway is a mile long into the woods. On gps it looks like a dot in the woods with no road going there

Very nice sign. But, now you won’t have an excuse to visit Bear Jr!

Nice sign John. I wish I could get consistent deliveries to my house. My driveway is a mile long into the woods. On gps it looks like a dot in the woods with no road going there

Exactly!!
We had a young driver for Amazon drive one of their vans across my back yard one night, after dark. He drove all the way across, turned and went back to the road & got stuck on a little icy hill. My Son had to take his Ram & pull him up the hill to the road. He said on his GPS, it looked like that was the driveway.
We were all lucky it was during the cold time, so he didn't sink in. He just couldn't get up the hill. Bear Jr felt sorry for him, because he was almost crying. He said he just got the job.
LOL---The only reason I knew he was in my back yard was I saw the reflection in my big front windows from the back patio doors to the back yard. I never saw headlights back there before, because it's all yard.

Bear

Yea I get it the cod packages you sent to his house hoping he would pay for them. :emoji_laughing:

Warren

LOL---I can't remember the last time anybody around here got a COD package.
Do they still do that?

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky