Probably My Best Chicken Ever

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man do those look good! Great job.

View attachment 636785
Love that graphic!!
Nice work . Like said they look great , and not that easy to do . Summer time for sure !
Thanks, hope i can duplicate in the future!
That is some really nice looking bird parts and bird feed for sure. I think I would eat all that by myself!
Thanks for the compliment. The birds were definitely fed well. It was good quality chicken.
mmmm....dark meat!
Looks delicious on my side of the screen.
Thanks! We've been cooking more dark meat lately, so much more flavor.
Looks great and now you've got it down !
Congrats on the ride!

Keith
Thanks! It's a little more effort, but well worth it!
Excellent. Looks awesome.
Thanks, this is one of those cooks where it just clicked.
Looks like a very tasty meal, nice job!
Thanks, definitely was tasty.

Good work! I love chicken off the grill and the fact it's cheap is just icing on the cake. I think you nailed it with temperatures and times.
Appreciated your help on the corn. I avoid oil-based sauces on my meat (think it blocks the smoke) but sounds perfect for corn.

simple and so delicious, that's my kind of bbq right there lol
Thanks, you are spot on simple and delicious.
Looks Great, Buckeye!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thanks those were some Great bird legs.
Nice looking chicken! I didn’t know recteq made a kettel-ish grill, looks interesting🤔
Thanks, they call it the Bullseye. I use it for my fast and hot cooks mostly. Plug it in and set a temp. You get a nice smoky taste. Not as good as charcoal, but simple to use.
Good work! I love chicken off the grill and the fact it's cheap is just icing on the cake. I think you nailed it with temperatures and times.
Appreciated your help on the corn. I avoid oil-based sauces on my meat (think it blocks the smoke) but sounds perfect for corn.
Thanks, the corn was really good also, it really picked up the smoke flavor.

...Thanks, the corn was really good also, it really picked up the smoke flavor.
Corn does that. Even in the husk. Which isn't a bad way to go if you're grilling at high temps. But I've gotta' try the olive oil coating on the shucked corn. I've buttered them cold before smoking but the flavor-to-effort ratio just wasn't there.

I have not had good chicken leg quarters since I lived in NC. We used to get them all the time from local church fundraisers. Anyhow I saw them on sale and had to give them a try. Added some grilled corn and salad.

Corn was coated with olive oil and Mad Dog and Merrill Healthy Harvest rub. On the Recteq for 30 minutes at 250. Then put on for 5 minutes at end to warm back up.

For the chicken leg quarters, Mad Dog and Merrill UP Nort Peppery rub. I put the chicken on the Recteq at 250 for 45 minutes. Then cranked up the RT to 350. I basted chicken with Killer Hogs Vinegar Sauce and flipped every 5 minutes to 30 minutes.
lOOKS LIKE YOU NAILED IT. Thanks for the tip on the killer Hogs Vinegar sauce. I just ordered some. Another good sauce i found that hits my taste buds is one called redneck lipstick.. got it online from Wally World.

Corn does that. Even in the husk. Which isn't a bad way to go if you're grilling at high temps. But I've gotta' try the olive oil coating on the shucked corn. I've buttered them cold before smoking but the flavor-to-effort ratio just wasn't there.
Let us know how it comes out.
Awesome! Congrats on a We’ll deserved ride!
thanks. Hope to make some more this weekend!
lOOKS LIKE YOU NAILED IT. Thanks for the tip on the killer Hogs Vinegar sauce. I just ordered some. Another good sauce i found that hits my taste buds is one called redneck lipstick.. got it online from Wally World.
Thanks, let us know what you think of the sauce. I'll have to try the red neck lipstick.

Reactions: hoity toit
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky