Pro or talented amateur input needed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hhersh

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 13, 2007
Beautiful East Texas pineywoods !
I have seen it somewhere in this forum that meat will not accept any more smoke after it reaches a certain temp. If memory serves, around 150F. If this is true, i'm wasting my mesquite chunks right now since the temp of my Boston Butt has reached 161*......any help appreciated...
PDT_Armataz_01_10.gif

hhersh - the meat will stop producing the smoke ring at around 140º - it will continue to take on smoke flavor through the entire smoke - I don't have the post handy, but it is here somewhere. There have been many discussions on the topic of smoke ring vs. smoke flavor. Try not to get the two confused.

Hope this helps.. any more questions ask again and I'll try to find the posts for you.

Keep Smokin

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky