Prime Rib In The Oven

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I’ve always used the Chef John method in the oven. Always perfect. Let prime rib come to room temp. Set oven to 500F and bake based on the following formula Multiply the exact weight times 5 minutes. At the end of this time turn off temp and leave in oven for exactly 2 hours. CRITICAL - do not open oven before the 2 hour mark.

Reactions: chopsaw
Oven the PR

Turned out good. Took the IT to 138, wrapped to a medium.
pr7.jpg

And a Bloody Mary with the bloody mary mix stick.
***Edit for those who are nasty thinkers*** lol
pr8.jpg

pr9.jpg

The roast looks really good to me, but you can't be calling the bloody mary stick a BM stick It just puts a nasty image in my head and ruins the setting.

Point for sure and Merry Christmas
Chris

• Haha
Reactions: jcam222
Ill be doing a Chef Johns Low and Slow Prime Rib today. This storm made that decision easy. I cant do the 500 degree thing because my oven is vented to out side and oven cools off too fast. This one is 300 degree all the way, just monitor for IT.

Merry Christmas ALL!

RG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky