Pricing out Brisket - Yeesh

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I’ve been wondering, with fast food places (arby’s And Subway at least) starting to offer brisket, are we going to see a price jump due to demand?

If anything I hope it drops the price. Brisket isn't something one buys daily. So perhaps with the added notoriety if it comes to the mainstream stores the price may begin to drop due to competition.

I’ve been wondering, with fast food places (arby’s And Subway at least) starting to offer brisket, are we going to see a price jump due to demand?

I read an article linked in a thread here, saying pellet smokers have become so popular and are so easy to use, briskets have become “trendy” are in relatively short supply.

So a quick update; I swung by Costco today for something and thought I'd glance at the meat section. I lucked out this time - snagged a 15 pound brisket. Price worked out to $5 per pound. That is probably as good as I'm going to find it around here...
DSCN4464[1].JPG

So a quick update; I swung by Costco today for something and thought I'd glance at the meat section. I lucked out this time - snagged a 15 pound brisket. Price worked out to $5 per pound. That is probably as good as I'm going to find it around here...View attachment 408362

That's a good price. I love the Costco prime grade full packers. They're usually $3.69 / lb for us in Chicago.

That's a good price. I love the Costco prime grade full packers. They're usually $3.69 / lb for us in Chicago.

Okay, thanks for that. At least I know what the standard price is and will watch for it. I went to purchase some of those awesome Polish foot long dogs that Costco serves at their cafe, only to find out that they discontinued them.

That sucks - they were awesome.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky