Pressure Cooker Mudbugs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
My wife wanted me to order some live bugs but since we will be moving soon i just opted for some LA frozen bugs. My wifes uncle who is in Baton Rouge told me to never eat a dead bug, he is right.

These were not bad but not the best like live bugs.

Did them in the ninja foodi PC. The recipe is from the instantpot pc vid.

Im using this for the boil season.
symbug.jpg

Added some SYM to the bugs and zip lock
bugz.jpg

Taters, andouille, lemon and onion.
addbug.jpg

46ph0d.jpg

jb1.jpg

46pgv0.jpg

46phe4.jpg

46pgyo.jpg
jb1.jpg

Looks good. One of my favorite foods. Love slap ya mama as well. I agree with wife's uncle. I do however by them frozen to pull the tail meat for other dishes

All of your versions look great! Looks pretty similar to our Downeast "Boils", but we use shrimp and clams instead of crayfish, or is it crawfish? Mudbugs:emoji_wink: We called them crawfish when I was a runt in Illinois. We'de find them in the creeks, but never in enough numbers for a meal.

I've never had the chance to try them. Sure would like to, someday.

Looks good to me! Id tear into that in a hurry. I agree fresh is better but I would have done the same in your situation. LIKE

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky