Pre mixed seasonings for Summer sausage etc Survey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I run the race making BBQ sauce...Ended up with really good sauce, but lots of left over spices. Made my own sausage seasoning, it was really good but, lots of left over spices. Our house hold the only sausage we go through quickly is hot Italian, breakfast and summer sausage. I mix my own breakfast sausage mix the others I buy. I can tailor the store bought seasonings to our/my taste way cheaper than I can buy all the spices, then properly store the spices . I just dont make the volume of sausage or bbq sauce to warrant buying all the individual spices. I tailor commercial products. Got my set "tailoring" recipes that I use and its always using the same brand of sausage/stick/jerky seasoning or bbq sauce.

Just curious why would anyone buy a store made spice rub, marinade etc. If just starting out or you just don’t want to be bother making it I can understand. The knowledge base here is phenomenal and making a basic or complicated rub etc. Shouldn’t be an issue. The ingredients are not expensive, for the most part, and most people already have the ingredients in their pantry. Store bought cost many fold more than homemade. Just curious.
When i lived in a house i had no problem making my own with a pile of bottles/jars/shakers around. When we went full time RV in a motorhome and now a 5th wheel i find Owens pre mix is easy to store and IMHO far superior than mixing your own.

Reactions: mossymo and chopsaw
Just got my order in from Owens, as you can tell couldn't make up my mind what flavors I wanted to try.
20191215_084632.jpg
20191215_084632.jpg

Was my first order from them. Were out of ss when I placed my order but shipped as soon as it came in plus they gave me a free bag of dakota sausage. Since I forgot to enter promo code for cyber Monday they discounted it after. Definitely will be ordering with them again!

Thanks Owen's bbq
Ryan

Oooppss, sorry about double pic, not sure how I did that

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky