Porking Up For This Weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flyboytr

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 4, 2009
Mobile, AL
It's time to Pork UP!
smile.gif

This weekend we are having our Fall Pool & Hot Tub Party for special friends.  I will be smoking 4 large Butts (for pulling), 6 racks of ribs (for snacking…finger food), 50 ABT’s, 2 Fatties, 2 pans of Wicked Smoked Beans,  30 twice smoked taters, and some of my Dirty Cajun Rice Dip.  Other treats will include Greens, Slaw, Cornbread…and various bottles and cans of ice chilled beverages in a large ice chest…salted, of course!

Today I have made a quadruple batch of Jeff’s Naked Rub, ½ gallon of finishing sauce for the pulled pork, a quart of Jeff’s BBQ sauce. 

Tomorrow I will prep and Butts & ribs and Thursday morning at 0400 I’ll fire up the Old Country Smoker and start the Butts.  I usually do the oven method after they reach an internal temp of 165.  I will then presmoke the ribs and the wicked beans.  By doing this…the smoker becomes entertainment on Saturday and basically all I’m doing is just warming things in the smoker…with the exceptions of the ABT’s, Fatties & Taters.  Much easier that way.

This is a link to a small party from last year.  The YouTube video is only 4 minutes long…mainly pictures of our friends…but there are some excellent shots of great smoked meats and fixin’s. 

We are expecting 25 people for this Saturday’s gathering.  I’m ready!  .....hungry too!
icon_lol.gif

Sounds like a hella party fixing to happen in mobile. Can't wait to see the pics.

icon_cool.gif

It sure looks like quitew a fun time for all. Plenty of good friends and good drink and then plenty of good food. It sure looks like you have all the bases covered . I can't wait to see the pics from this years. But it's the same weekend that the big LA. Gathering is this weekend too.

Yep...should be a really good party.  I am going to try some dried pineapple in my ABT's.  I think the sweet should hold up pretty well...probably better than the crushed pineapple I have always used.  That should help to offset the heat from the peppers.

Just got home from work...Time to cut the wood into smaller chunks to feed the wood burner.  Planning to light her up at 0400 tomorrow.

Party......
icon_mrgreen.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky