Pork shoulder.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
After a busy week working on the backyard. I thawed out a nice pork shoulder. Gave it a nice rub of olive oil and Kinders "The blend". I put it in the smoker with apple pellets in the tray.
P6020037.JPG

After 7 hours at 225 degrees. The IT was at 170. Time was getting away from me. So, I finished it in the oven ay 325.

P6020038.JPG

At 190 IT it was probing tender. But I let it go to 200. Then rested a hour and pulled.

P6020041.JPG

Pulled like butter. Nice and juicy and tender. And boy. Was this tasty!

P6020044.JPG

Slathered the pork with Kinders mild BBQ sauce. And had with coleslaw and steak fries. Excellent meal!

Last edited:
Looks fantastic from my screen Steve. I've got one thawed and going on the Kettle Saturday. I hope it turns out as well as yours.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Steve H
Some nice looking pork there Steve, that has some great color to it! Sounds like you have some more good meals coming out of it.

Perfect! Man, I finished my PP leftovers from last weekend on Tuesday and you guys have me craving it again! Great cook Steve!

Boy howdy Steve, as others have noted, you got some great color on that pig meat, beautiful piece of work! RAY

Sure looks good Steve. I haven’t tried the Kinders you used but the buttery one is something I love.

After a busy week working on the backyard. I thawed out a nice pork shoulder. Gave it a nice rub of olive oil and Kinders "The blend". I put it in the smoker with apple pellets in the tray.
View attachment 633630
After 7 hours at 225 degrees. The IT was at 170. Time was getting away from me. So, I finished it in the oven ay 325.

View attachment 633631
At 190 IT it was probing tender. But I let it go to 200. Then rested a hour and pulled.

View attachment 633632

Pulled like butter. Nice and juicy and tender. And boy. Was this tasty!

View attachment 633633

Slathered the pork with Kinders mild BBQ sauce. And had with coleslaw and steak fries. Excellent meal!
sinful good. 😁

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky