Pork loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

normanaj

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 2, 2014
Rhode Island
So this was a 5.5lb porkloin that spent the night in a 50/50 solution of water and Ocean Spray Cranberry/Blackberry 100% with a quarter cup of salt overnight,this is my goto for porkloin/tenderloin and whole chickens.Drained patted dry and hit with a saltless Jeff's rub and then back into the fridge for about two hours.Into the MES with half tube of apple dust at 7:30am.

This ended up served at the local pub we go to for their annual toy drive.Served with a honey/mustard/horseradish sauce.From a consistency stand point this was one of the best I've ever done.Only the two pics.

Attachments

• 20221218_070740.jpg
    20221218_070740.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 20221218_131622.jpg
    20221218_131622.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Looks and sounds good Norm, and for a great cause

Point for sure
Chris

Damn man ! That's perfect . You have the good end of the loin with the light and dark meat . I bet that was great . Nice work bud .
I have one in the fridge I need to smoke . I think I'll try that brine .

So this was a 5.5lb porkloin that spent the night in a 50/50 solution of water and Ocean Spray Cranberry/Blackberry 100% with a quarter cup of salt overnight,this is my goto for porkloin/tenderloin and whole chickens.Drained patted dry and hit with a saltless Jeff's rub and then back into the fridge for about two hours.Into the MES with half tube of apple dust at 7:30am.

This ended up served at the local pub we go to for their annual toy drive.Served with a honey/mustard/horseradish sauce.From a consistency stand point this was one of the best I've ever done.Only the two pics.
Looks amazing to me, great work! :)

I've got a ½ stuffed loin to cook but don't have the temp and time. How long did you cook yours and at what temp? What was the IT when you pulled it?

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky