Pork Loin - Two Ways......Savory & Healthy....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow...and I mean WOW!! That all looks amazing. So much variety, so many different approaches, so much color and vibrancy. What a spectacular approach to everything. Very well done and you have the cogs turning.

Robert

Oh Yes! You nailed this! Congrats on a well deserved ride! Beautiful plates and awesome cook!
Many thanks jw! Glad I could share my experiments! Its crazy after all these years can eat something new on a regular basis!
Those look tasty as all get out! I'd have no problems finishing off any if that! It's really terrible when you get bribed by a meat salad...I'm bribable (is that a word lol?) as well!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan....bribable is a word to me. I can tell you meat and greens call to me and I don't feel bad about it....LOL!

Hell Yeah!
Much appreciation chiler!
I wouldn't know where to start, but I'll take a plate of each, thank you.
Thanks GS! Well you start with the hot one and each the cold versions over the next 3-4 days!...at least that's been my route!

MMMMMMMM good!
Your plated shots should be on a magazine cover!
Congrats on the carousel ride!
Al
Much appreciation Al (as always!)! I recently got our under the counter LED lights up and running in the kitchen and they have "exceptional light" for showing food colors! I have to give the colors to my wife for all the variations for the plate!

Home Run for sure! Incredible color on that meat and that plating is a piece of art.
Thanks Brian, it turned out way better than expected for sure! It was tasty too! The pork like is tender savory with that hint of bacon/ham flavor. It would be good with cheese and crackers!

That's how to do salad right!
Thanks SChem! I fully agree with you! The orange goes well with the pork.....
Wow...and I mean WOW!! That all looks amazing. So much variety, so many different approaches, so much color and vibrancy. What a spectacular approach to everything. Very well done and you have the cogs turning.

Robert
Thanks Robert! Like I said, I've been thinking of ways to do Loin because they are so reasonable. At some point I will need to actually learn how to make dressing from my wife....she just goes into a buzz tossing fresh things into her little blender and after about 5 mins she asks me to taste and "what does it need" Usually a pinch of salt, but mostly I say meat and greens! LOL

Perfect is the only word I can think of. Another great meal Civil.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks bigf! The orange salad is a bowl of flavor & meat goodness! I went back and looked that the pic I took and I was blown away that you can see the fresh orange zest my wife put in the dressing... Again I'm not sure how she makes it...other than its good and I get to consume it! LOL.

Both plates look great Civil! My wife would be all over that salad and honestly, so would I.

Loin is affordable at the moment…I’m gonna need to pick some up after seeing this. I could eat that pork and salad almost every night once it warms up. There’s enough seasoning and dressing variations to keep it interesting.

Both plates look great Civil! My wife would be all over that salad and honestly, so would I.

Loin is affordable at the moment…I’m gonna need to pick some up after seeing this. I could eat that pork and salad almost every night once it warms up. There’s enough seasoning and dressing variations to keep it interesting.

thanks XR! Yea there are so many ways to use it and you get very low fat smoked meat....

here is another idea for you. My wife makes a coconut curry and then instead of cooking chicken in the curry, I smoke it (boneless skinless breast) seasoned with SPOG (S=dry brine overnight) and smoke it to IT 160. Then it is cubbed and added as the curry is ready to serve or now we do it on top of the rice so everyone can get the amount they want then the curry is put over the rice a meat bed....... this is how it looked last night.... tonight I’m going to use thin pork loin slices to test that out......
8641F74E-A729-413F-AACE-600343666F8A.jpeg

The smoked meat really adds to the curry and I’m sure the loin is going to be YUM
6901C039-3FCF-4E10-9CF0-5FFA427DFDE8.jpeg

PS my only participation in this meal was the chicken seasoning, smoking, and cutting.....oh I did consume!

Edit: I forgot to mention that when I pull the chicken I wrap it in foil to allow the moisture to soften the outer part of the breast from the smoking. It only takes about 15 min or so to soften it just a bit, but it still keeps the smoky bark bite.......

Double Edit: I always gut cut the breast cubes "cross grain" so it just pulls apart...if you look closely you can see the grain cut..... Oh and since I'm not slicing the loin a true cross cut the thinness achieves a similar effect!

Last edited:
Reactions: xray
Would you look at this fancy mofo we got here boys!!

I think someone is planning to audition for the next Master Chef or Hell's Kitchen!!! ha ha ha

Food looks amazing, and you definitely know how to build a plate too

Would you look at this fancy mofo we got here boys!!

I think someone is planning to audition for the next Master Chef or Hell's Kitchen!!! ha ha ha

Food looks amazing, and you definitely know how to build a plate too
oh man, I don't think so.....I worked in a kitchen for many years and I don't want to work that hard again.....also why I'm not still working on a farm too..... I like my nights and weekends..... Now if I could just find a way to slim down the honey do list I would get my nights and weekends back.....LOL

And thanks!

oh man, I don't think so.....I worked in a kitchen for many years and I don't want to work that hard again.....also why I'm not still working on a farm too..... I like my nights and weekends..... Now if I could just find a way to slim down the honey do list I would get my nights and weekends back.....LOL

And thanks!

Ahhh, kitchen experience. It all makes sense now! lol
I'm the same way working in the auto industry, people ask if I'm a technician to which I reply "hell no, I'm the Service Manager....I only want to work on MY VEHICLES!! :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:"

I'm not familiar with this honey-do list. I have a "do-what-i-want" list ha ha -- course a girlfriend would be nice though =P

Reactions: civilsmoker
Ahhh, kitchen experience. It all makes sense now! lol
I'm the same way working in the auto industry, people ask if I'm a technician to which I reply "hell no, I'm the Service Manager....I only want to work on MY VEHICLES!! :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:"

I'm not familiar with this honey-do list. I have a "do-what-i-want" list ha ha -- course a girlfriend would be nice though =P
Making up 200 to 300 plates of food a night can create some muscle memory......... The best servers knew who's plates earned the best tips....(first impressions are everything in food service) and I rarely had to buy a drink or dinner when I worked.....ie I got served!......LOL

Making up 200 to 300 plates of food a night can create some muscle memory......... The best servers knew who's plates earned the best tips....(first impressions are everything in food service) and I rarely had to buy a drink or dinner when I worked.....ie I got served!......LOL
Well yea, I mean who would ever know if you actually made 30"1" plates! and 300 got served :emoji_laughing:

YUM!
YUM!
YUM!
I'll take all three plates, and I'll tip damned well.
Salad first, followed by Curry and ending with the Savory.
I thinks it's safe to say I'll forego dessert and just end with an Espresso.
Thanks chiller! after the expresso you might need a cart to get rolled out.....LOL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky